Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've gotta do what?

Holy cow! So I get this kit in Fedx from UCSF (thats the University of California San Francisco, that's where Clint's doctors are and where the surgery would be) Medical Center, Transplant Services (April 14th)with a list of the first big round of tests that I have coming up (oh and another little tube to put my blood in to send back Fedx to them, yuck!). I'm going to to scan it and attempt to post it on this blog for your viewing pleasure. I will basically be peeing in lots of cups, sharing lots of blood and having the most thorough physical examination of my life. If there is anything wrong with me, they are going to find it.

Guess me and Dr. Jackson are going to be busy...

On Tuesday (April 13th) the donor advocate calls me for my social worker evaluation (the last item on the list reference above, so I can mark that one off). It lasted 45 minutes where she asked me questions about bits of my social and education back ground, who was in my family, what I like to do for fun, etc... She asked me in 8 different ways if I was getting any kind of financial compensation for this or if I was made to feel guilty or pressured into doing this. They are very serious about your motives and they want to make sure that this was all your own idea. She was very sweet and I enjoyed talking to her.

She told me, that its a felony to sell vital organs in the U.S., I couldn't help but laugh when she said that. That does make a lot of since I guess.

So, today's lesson is, drink lots of water and don't sell body parts on the black market.

5 comments:

  1. Lynley- I love your blog!! I think its great what you are doing. My mom is enjoying your blog too- she couldn't figure out how to post a response. I'm glad you called Katie- I hope she was able to help. If you need anything let me know. I found it interesting you have to have a stress echocardiogram- given that you are so young. They really are checking everything! Love you! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Lynley,

    First off, I love you. You know that. Who else would use phrases like "cotton headed ninny muggins"? No one! That's what makes you so awesome.

    However, if you post pictures of blood or any other bodily functions, two things will happen.

    1) I might throw up

    2) I will be forced to send you a picure of the rat my friend Mariya just dissected. YUCK!

    I say - Let's not go there!

    YOU ARE THE GREATEST! Keep up the great work Love! I admire you beyond words.

    Yours truly,

    Silly Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there go my plans to pay off my student loans through the sale of my internal organs!

    Dr. House

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. my friends here are clamoring for more posts. they all keep asking me where things are at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time - no posts.

    SCHNM (see above)

    ReplyDelete